Leadership and Volunteering
My volunteer experience is listed below:
ASME Standards Development Committee
MAM Subcommittee on Robotic Arms (Manipulators)
Feb 2021 – Present
• Contributed to the development and maintenance of standards for robotic arms.
• Actively participated in committee discussions and work assignments.
Columbia University Task Force on Inclusion and Belonging
Task Force Member
Sep 2020 – Present
• Cultivated an equitable and inclusive campus culture to support fellow students' sense of inclusion and belonging by using active listening strategies, building awareness, interrupting exclusion and promoting self-care.
• Developed responsive strategies to bring together people with different identities, backgrounds and experiences.
• Learned to communicate across differences.
Purdue Alumni Recruitment for Tomorrow
Jan 2020 – Aug 2020
• As a Purdue Alumnus, I represented Purdue Engineering at college fairs and attended information sessions to share my undergraduate experience with prospective and admitted students.
Youth Program Coordinator
Jun 2019 – May 2020
• Started a new program to engage the youth to be more involved in the community.
• Outreached within the community and brought together people of all social, educational and economic backgrounds, on the basis of spirituality.
• Conduct discussions with members regarding the practice.
Purdue International Programs
Multinational Integration Xchange (MIX) Team Leader
Jan 2014 – May 2015
• Mentored student leaders and facilitated team building activities to grow leadership abilities in students.
• Utilized skills gained through a year-long leadership training program to execute activities and events as part of an orientation program.
• Applied learnings from previous years to reorganize the orientation program.
Sep 2012 – May 2013
• Event planning and management.